Oakville 2021 Holiday Food Drive
Monday, December 6 – Wednesday, December 8
The Gift of Giving Back educates and empowers thousands of young male and female athletes and high school students to compassionately give back to their community to support agencies in the Halton Region who need us more than ever.
We are calling on our young Oakville Community Champions to help us safely collect non-perishable food items and stock the shelves of our beneficiaries this holiday season! From December 6 – December 8, we will be accumulating all of the food collected from our youth to stock the shelves of Halton food banks and ensure our most vulnerable neighbours are served.
See below for information, tips and resources to help us safely collect non-perishable food items this Holiday Season!
Drop-Off Location and Hours of Operation
Monday, December 8 – Wednesday, December 10
5:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Former Solutions Retail Store
3521 Wyecroft Road, Unit E2
Corner of Burloak Drive and Wyecroft Road
Social distancing, masks and strict health & safety protocols will be in place.
Thank you for volunteering to help support The Gift of Giving Back Oakville Holiday Food Drive. We know you have many demands on your time & we truly appreciate your commitment to help us make a difference in our community. Please read this Welcome Letter for more information!
Student Volunteer Hours
- High school students can earn a maximum of 10 hours
- Coordinate and collect non-perishable food items
- Deliver donations to The Gift of Giving Back Oakville Holiday Food Drive HQ
- View this Volunteer Overview on how Volunteer Hours will be allocated
- If two or more High School students work together, each team member will receive earned hours (time will not be divided)
- Download this Community Volunteer Hours form and bring this with your donations to have a Volunteer sign and validate your community volunteer hours
Blue Bag Pick-Up and Collection Tips
- Coordinate pick up of our iconic Blue Bags from your Food Captains
- Drop off Blue Bags to family and close neighbours inviting them to fill-up with donations for a safe Porch Pick-Up
- Attach this Neighbourhood Solicitation Letter to each Blue Bag inviting recipients to help you collect non-perishable food donations
- Follow-up with this Thank You Letter during your Porch Pick-Up route
- Add a few extra non-perishable food items to your grocery cart
- Any kind of grocery bag filled with non-perishable food items will be gratefully accepted
Top Needed Items
Non-perishable food items only please and thank you! Here is a list of the most needed items including this one page summary: Most Needed Items – GOGO Oakville Holiday Food Drive
Canned Tomato: Pasta Sauce; Tomato Paste; Tomato Puree; Crushed Tomatoes; Stewed Tomatoes; Diced Tomatoes; Whole Peeled Tomatoes.
Canned Fish/Meat: Canned Salmon; Canned Sardines; Canned Chicken; Canned Ham; Corned Beef; Luncheon Meat; Canned Tuna.
Canned Fruit: Pineapple; Mandarin Oranges; Peaches; Fruit Cocktail; Juice Boxes
Special Items: Gluten-Free Snacks, Gluten-Free Pantry Items, Kids Snacks, Cereals
Help us spread the word of the Oakville Holiday Food Drive. Share your images on your social channels and be sure to tag us @giftgivingback (Twitter and Instagram) and Gift of Giving Back (Facebook) while using #kidsfeedingkids! We would love to engage with you and spread awareness!