The 12 Days of Holiday Giving!
Celebrating its 16th Anniversary, The Gift of Giving Back educates and empowers thousands of young male and female athletes and high school students to compassionately give back to their community to support seven member agencies in the Halton Region who need us more than ever.
We are calling on our young Community Champions to help us safely collect non-perishable food items and stock the shelves of our beneficiaries this holiday season! From December 2-19, The Gift of Giving Back and Burlington Centre are partnering to host Help Us Feed Kids: Holiday Food Drive to stock the shelves of Burlington food banks and ensure our most vulnerable neighbours are served.
See below for information, tips and resources to help us safely collect and drop-off non-perishable food items this Holiday Season!
777 Guelph Line
Food Drive HQ located near the Food Court by Entrance #1
Dates and Hours of Operation
December 2 – 19, 2021
Thursdays: 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Fridays: 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sundays: 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Social distancing, masks and strict health & safety protocols will be in place.
Student Volunteer Hours
- High school students can earn a maximum of 10 hours
- Coordinate and collect non-perishable food items
- Deliver donations to The Gift of Giving Back Holiday Food Drive HQ at Burlington Centre
- View this Volunteer Hours Overview on how Volunteer Hours will be allocated
- If two or more High School students work together, each team member will receive earned hours (time will not be divided)
- Download this Community Volunteer Hours form and bring this with your donations to have a Volunteer sign and validate your community volunteer hours
Blue Bag Pick-Up and Collection Tips
- Pick up our iconic Blue Bags at our Food Drive HQ and fill them up
- Drop off Blue Bags to family and close neighbours inviting them to fill-up with donations for a safe Porch Pick-Up
- Attach one of these Neighbourhood Solicitation Letters to each Blue Bag inviting recipients to help
- Follow-up with this Neighbourhood Thank You Letter during your Porch Pick-Up route
- Add a few extra non-perishable food items to your grocery cart
- Any kind of grocery bag filled with non-perishable food items will be gratefully accepted
- Top 16 Needed Items include: Canned fish/meat, canned fruit in 100% juice, canned vegetables, whole grain cereal, brown rice, cooking oil, canned tomatoes, peanut butter, wow butter, tea, instant coffee, plain oatmeal, pasta sauce, canned soup, baby products (food, diapers especially larger sizes, formula), and personal care items (shampoo, soap, feminine hygiene products) are always needed.
Marketing Tool Kit
We’re social! Help us spread the word by downloading our Poster and Social Media content to leverage on your social channels! Select the social media images and right click to save. Be sure to tag us @giftgivingback (Twitter and Instagram) and Gift of Giving Back (Facebook) while using #kidsfeedingkids!